You’ve put together a great marketing campaign and your ready to go to print. But how will you track it? Can you track it?
The answer is yes! You already know you can track a web page, an email and most social media posts. Why not track your print marketing materials the same way? While you can’t track print media with the same degree of certainty as email campaigns, you can still track for very clear results whether your printed items are generating a good return on investment.
Adding a way to track your print marketing, a measurable way of follow-up is essential. A few ways to do this would be:
- a QR code that takes users to a tracked landing page for your offer
- a tear-card that serves as a coupon for your product or event
- a coupon code to use online or give over the phone
- a special phone number to call specific to the campaign
- add “Ask for JoAnn” even though there isn’t a JoAnn working there
All of the above examples offers you a way to track and measure responses. To determine your ROI you simply need to track the response rate and revenue generated. Once you know your ROI, you can repeat the campaign with minor adjustments like changing the targeted area of distribution, altering the coupon or offer, or changing the landing page.
When you vary tracking details from one campaign to the next, you’ll be building an ROI database that you can use to best target your future campaigns.