Your clients want instant access to relevant information and QR codes make that possible.
QR codes? They’re similar to regular barcodes used by businesses to track inventory and check you out at the register. The big difference between the two is the amount of data they can hold or share.
Bar codes are one-dimensional codes and can only hold up to 20 numerical digits. QR codes are two-dimensional (2D) matrix barcodes that can hold thousands of alphanumeric characters of information. Their ability to hold more information and their ease of use makes them practical and more efficient for small businesses.
When you scan a QR code with your camera-enabled smartphone and QR reader app, you can link to any web page; activate email, IM and SMS; and provide the user with contact information.
QR Codes can be used on:
- The back (or front and back) of your business card.
- Your brochures and other marketing materials.
- The sides of trucks and trailers.
- Product tags and packaging
- Convention and event nametags
- Restaurant menus
- Ticket stubs
- Point-of-sale receipts
QR Codes could link to:
- Installation instructions
- Directions to your business
- Terms of Service
- Valuable coupons and special offers
- Complementary products and services
- Free mp3 downloads
- Customer feedback forms
Maximize your effectiveness with QR codes:
- Provide explanations about their use and benefits
- Encourage actions that support your marketing plan
- Soothe the fears of the technically challenged
- Give reasons to come back
- Experiment with the size, location, and color of your QR codes
- Use analytics with your codes
- Make the process fun, such as a QR code scavenger hunt
QR codes take what social media is doing well now, bringing people together with technology, and extending it to enhance the experience. The ability of QR codes to connect people with each other and to multimedia digital content is very powerful and their use will grow in the coming years. The potential is limitless.
Are you using QR codes in your interactive print campaign? How can you use these codes in your marketing?
We want to hear from you. Please leave us a comment.